Re: what will happen if CPU overheat

On 7 October 2010 13:38, Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a P3/550, slot 1
> the cpu fan is noisy, so I remove it
> but I am not sure about heat sink
> What will happen if CPU overheat?
> What damage will be done to other computer parts?

This just begs to be shared:

(It's a consumer review of a powerful CPU: "I bought this CPU as an
upgrade for my video editing suite and after a week of use, my
computer just shut off and I started smelling burnt silicone. I
inspected my computer and found that half the socket was molten. I do
NOT recommend this CPU because of its obviously poor design. I already
wrote a letter to Intel about this. Guess I should have used a CPU

Authentic or not, there's something to be learned from it.

Take care,