Re: How to upgrade kernel in Lenny, not compile a custom one

On Saturday 02 October 2010 11:59:02 Mark wrote:
> Based on what I've read, kernel 2.6.32 has fixed the broadcom 4306 rev02
> wireless card 1 MB/s speed issue and I'd like to have my Lenny system boot
> into that kernel to fix this issue.  The only help I've found for doing
> this without doing a custom compile is here (
> http://www.khattam.info/installing-kernel-2-6-30-or-any-latest-version-avai
>08-10.html). As I haven't done this before, can anyone provide feedback on
> this link, its methods, etc., before I go trying a kernel upgrade?
> If there is another way, I'm open to suggestions.  I don't need a custom
> kernel, just need to boot Lenny into a 2.6.32 or later kernel, if possible.
> Thank you,
> Mark

Debian backports (official) has the 2.6.32 kernel, add the following to your

deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main

There are other install media available by third parties for newer hardware
configurations, google or this list has references also.