Re: [SOT] Installing additional Wesnoth campaigns

Le 02/10/2010 20:51, AG wrote:
> On 06/09/09 17:33, thveillon.debian wrote:
>> AG wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Sorry if this is too far OT, but I was hoping for some Debian-specific
>>> advice on obtaining and using Battle for Wesnoth campaigns.  The
>>> website/ forum provides some linkages to additional campaigns, but after
>>> following their instructions I just can't seem to call the supposedly
>>> installed Wesnoth files.
>>>
>>> Has anyone had any success in this, and if so, care to share the trick
>>> please?
>>>
>>> Cheers verily.
>>>
>>> AG
>>>

>> Good question about Sunday mission-critical apps ;-)
>>

>> Read about the user made campaigns here:
>>
>> http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/List_Of_Campaigns#1.6_Campaign_ListDownload
>>
>> (this is for wesnoth 1.6, pick the right one for you, i.e. 1.7 is in
>> experimental).
>>
>> Download add-ons (campaigns but not only) from:
>>
>> http://www.wesnoth.org/addons/1.6/
>>
>> (again for 1.6)
>>

>> Unpack the archives, copy the whole campaign folder into:
>>
>> /usr/share/games/wesnoth/data/campaigns
>>
>> (this is for full campaigns, for other add-ons you'll have to look
>> around).
>>
>> (Re)start wesnoth, the new campaigns should be available from the
>> campaigns selector.
>>
>> Remember to look at the campaign development status, if it's rated "WIP"
>> (Work In Progress) or "broken", you'll likely be disappointed as a
>> player, or thrilled as custom campaign developer...
>>
>> Enjoy.
>>

> Hi again
>
> I've just tried this again with version 1.8 However, the new campaigns
> don't appear in the Campaigns menu of Wesnoth 1.8.  I've changed
> permissions and chown and chgrp, but still no dice.
>
> Am I overlooking something?
>
> Cheers
>
> AG

Hi, just made a quick test here downloading a campaign from
http://www.wesnoth.org/addons/1.8/ and copied it to
~/.wesnoth1.8/data/add-ons , it works fine.

Permissions are drwxr-x--- all the way down to the "add-ons" files.

I am talking about wesnoth 1.8.3-5 from Sid on a mostly Squeeze AMD64
system.