Re: escputil won't clean printer heads

On Sat October 2 2010, Camaleón wrote:
> USB-connected printers sometimes fail to identify or return ink levels.
> You may have to repeat the command. This is probably a timing issue in
> escputil, not a flaw in the printer.
> ***

wow, all I had to do was run the same command again!!

# escputil --raw-device=/dev/usb/lp0 --ink-level
Escputil version 5.0.2, Copyright (C) 2000-2006 Robert Krawitz
Escputil comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type 'escputil -l'
under certain conditions; type 'escputil -l' for details.

         Ink color       Percent remaining
            Yellow                       6
             Black                      17
        Light Cyan                       7