Cups does not find shared Windows printer while smbclient does.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Cups does not find shared Windows printer while smbclient does.
- From: Christian Hammers <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 17:36:05 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I would like to print to a remote printer that is connected to a
Windows system from my Debian (squeeze) host.
Samba sees the remote printer:
# smbclient -N -L mrdarcy
Domain=[MRDARCY] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
IPC$ IPC Remote-IPC
print$ Disk Druckertreiber
hpdeskjet Printer hp deskjet 3600 series
Just neither of CUPS via http://localhost:631/, the KDE printer
system settings nor system-config-printer are able to "just show
it to me".
Of course I know that I could just add smb://mrdarcy/hpdeskjet to
the cupsd.conf but I don't want to! This is 2010, it has to work
better! :) Any ideas?