Re: [OT] a radar-like tracking device

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 23:34:53 +0800
Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:
<snippy>
> So if any one came across such a device can you give me a hint?
>
>     * It should come in pair, one stick/bind on the thing to be
> tracked, the other have a radar screen to find its partner. It is not
> even necessary have a radar screen, a wrist-watch-like or compass-like
>       mechanical pointer thing would do.
>     * If it works outdoor it's enough. No need to use indoor.
>     * If it can find the 'partner' in 150 meters it's good enough. 300
>       meter even better. Longer not needed.
>     * Both are movable, not fixed on the wall.
>     * The information it provides should be close to real-time, update
>       once per 15 seconds would be enough.
>
> Thanks in advance for suggestions and tolerance of off-topic posts.

<snippy>

Here are some things that might do;

[1] 183M (ish) less without LoS
[2] same kind of thing, less range though.
[3] Lots of products, lists
the same one as the first one, with a few others, none seem to get 300
meters, best seems to be 183 meters
[4] This does just what you want, up-to 500 meters, 2s update, accurate
to within 10m but it costs $490.0 USD, ouch!
[5] Loud beep, works upto 150 meters, there are lots of different ones
like this, google keywords: Child locator, Child Tracking

I think the Loc8or Plus (item [1]) is about as close to what you wanted
within a reasonable price tag, shame that its only 150Meters though!

[1]
http://www.babysecurity.co.uk/products/2077/Loc8tor-Plus-Homing-Tracker-Locator-%26-Personal-Panic-Alarm.html
(UK link)

or

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/child-locator.html (US link)

[2] http://www.ion-kids.com/buy.html

[3] http://www.peopletracking.co.uk/index.php

[4]
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=28201

[5] http://www.mypreciouskid.com/child-locator.html

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97