Re: Squeeze. nVidia video. How to change brightness with functional (Fn) keys?[SOLVED]

On 9/28/10, Mark Goldshtein <mark.goldshtein@gmail.com> wrote:
> IMHO Ubuntu distribution is set somewhere in a middle between Debian
> Testing and Debian Unstable. So, according to that, using Ubuntu you
> have already using some kind of Debian Testing. Therefore, if you
> switch to Debian Squeeze, I will gain even more stability, I guess.
>
> Well, we see your hardware. What driver you using for your videocard?
> If unsure, please type 'lspci -k' in a console and post here a section
> about nVidia videocard.

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0a70 (rev a2)
	Kernel driver in use: nvidia
	Kernel modules: nvidia-current, nvidiafb, nouveau
I am considering just switching to Squeeze right now, but don't feel
like reformatting.

Also, off-topic, but does anyone know if Xfce works properly in
Squeeze? When I installed Lenny on my old ~2004 Celeron machine,
Xfce's various modules didn't seem to be integrated like they should
be - as in drag-and-dropping files between Thunar windows didn't work.
Was that just a problem with that computer (which has loads of
compatibility problems as-is) or has it been fixed?