Printer paused, "/usr/lib/cups/backend/dnssd failed"

Hi,

I irregularly have a problem when trying to print to a network printer
from my Debian Testing laptop.

Initially, after setting the printer up via the CUPS web interface,
everything worked fine. Now, sometimes, sending a job to the printer
results in the printer reporting (via localhost:631/printers) that its
state is "Paused", and "/usr/lib/cups/backend/dnssd failed".

I don't yet know why it works sometimes and not others. I've tried
restarting CUPS (/etc/init.d/cups restart), but that doesn't seem to
help. I tried google but found either general discussions that didn't
address my specific problem, or detailed discussions I didn't
understand. I think I've got the printer itself properly configured, as
it does work occasionally, and I had no problems for the first six
months or more after installing it.

What should I try next?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Tyler