slapcat - unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery.

Hi everybody,

So, I've got an openldap server which was upgraded last week from Lenny
to Squeeze.  It has a Berkeley Database backend.  Since the upgrade,
when I run "slapcat -l dump.ldif" on slapd to dump the directory to an
LDIF file, it get the following error:

bdb_db_open: database "dc=i-clic,dc=uihc,dc=uiowa,dc=edu": unclean
shutdown detected; attempting recovery.
bdb_db_open: database "dc=i-clic,dc=uihc,dc=uiowa,dc=edu": recovery
skipped in read-only mode. Run manual recovery if errors are
encountered.

I get this error every time.  I also get this error when I run slaptest.

After doing some research online, I have installed db4.8-util and have
run:

db4.8-recover
db4.8-checkpoint -1

These commands seem to run fine.  I have verified that my slapd instance
is using 4.8 (4.8.30).  However, I can immediately run the slapcat or
slaptest and the same error repeats itself.

BTW, the version of slapd is 2.4.23-6.

Any suggestions for getting rid of this error?

Thanks,
Bryan Walton