RE: Squeeze. nVidia video. How to change brightness with functional (Fn) keys?

As far as I know, the Fn Keys function depends from model to model. So you must research on your model hardware.

On my Laptop, an Acer Aspire, the brightness functions (Fn + <- / ->) works independet of the installed kernel or system, even on boot, so I think they are implemented on the hardware. Other Fn functions, like the multimedia ones, are managed by the system, so I configured their X keycodes on /etc/X11/Xmodmap and keybindings on my window manager.

Other model Keys, such as wireless and program launchers, are not detected by the system or X, so I don't think how to configure then.

__
Paulo Diovani Gonçalves
http://diovani.com