Re: A question about mixing releases

On 2010-09-26 12:58 +0200, Aniruddha wrote:

> Thanks for the help. I thought dpkg --set-selections doesn't' work
> with package versions. My apt/preferences file:
>
> $ cat  /etc/apt/preferences
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=stable
> Pin-Priority: 700
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=testing
> Pin-Priority: 650
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=unstable
> Pin-Priority: 600

Thanks, with this Pin-Priority packages that you install from unstable
will be updated automatically from there as long as they don't migrate
to testing.  This is probably what you want, but if you would like to
avoid it, you could set unstable's Pin-Priority to a value < 100 (100 is
the priority of installed versions).

Sven