Re: resume from hibernate

Petr Voralek wrote:
   Hello!

  On 09/25/2010 12:30 AM, *Hugo Vanwoerkom* wrote, and I quote (in part):

But I'm missing something: hibernate saves memory to swap and turns off the machine. Then to resume I hit the power button and grub appears, I select the partition and it boots, finding fault with the not unmounted partitions :-(

  Do you have defined a correct (swap) partition for the resume in
/etc/default/grub?  Something like:
  GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="vga=791 resume=/dev/sda2"
where is especially important part 'resume=/dev/sda2' ('/dev/sda2' is
swap partition on my thinkpad)...

Yes: resume=/dev/sda7

Hugo