Re: lilo config is busted, need help fixing it

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 20:42:56 -0400 (EDT), briand@aracnet.com wrote:

> I've run lilo and rebooted multiple times and always get the same
> result.

Interesting.  What happens if you specify

   root=802

as an argument to the boot prompt?

> right now I'm thinking I've got something misconfigured, but what ??
> Running lilo manually should fix whatever's going on and it most
> certainly isn't.

Please post your entire /etc/lilo.conf.  Also post:

/etc/kernel-img.conf
A list of all files in /etc/kernel/postinst.d
A list of all files in /etc/kernel/postrm.d
A list of all files in /boot
The definitions of the boot-related symlinks:

   vmlinuz
   initrd.img
   vmlinuz.old
   initrd.img.old