Re: May I have a document about manually preparing a Debian system?

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 03:50:38 -0400 (EDT), Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why don't you just tell us exactly what you are trying to do?
>
> I have tried a few things and things seem smooth till I cannot
> `svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk`.
> With svn+ssh, I was asked for a password, which I have absolutely no
> idea. Without +ssh, svn just hung there. I do not know what happened.

That's not what I mean.  Are you trying to install Debian?  Is that
the end goal?  If so, what's wrong with the standard Debian installer?
Why do you think you need to customize it?  I've been installing and
using Debian for ten years, and I have never needed to create a
custom version of the Debian installer.  What exactly are you trying
to do and why do you think that you need a customized version of the
Debian installer to do it?

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :