Re: Release File Expired on: csclub.uwaterloo.ca

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Mike Viau <viaum@sheridanc.on.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am not really sure to whom I should inform, but it is my understanding that mirror.csclub.waterloo.ca is (or at least was) an official Debian mirror in Canada.
>
> I am in no way affiliated with the Waterloo university or aware of a contact for the mirror.
>
> It appears as if their apt-repo has expired in some way?
>
> After changing my sources to point to http.us.debian.org, the error went away immediately.
>
> I thought I should mention it hear, as I am hoping at least one of the more enlighten Debian user might know whats going on, or what can be done to get the mirror back up!
>

> Thanks
I emailed the KWLUG (Kitchener-Waterloo LUG) and some of the U.
Waterloo CS Club members are also members of the KWLUG. Anyway, here's
what Kyle had to say about it:

"Last week there was a power outage which forced us to shut off the
mirror. We shutdown cleanly, but for some reason there was an error
with the RAID array, so it has been rebuilding for the last few days.
You can check the progress on http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/.

We are still an official mirror, we are just experiencing some very
unfortunate downtime. :(

http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/ "

At the time of this writing the array rebuild is at 95%.
--
~pAul.

        all good things. all in good time.