Re: Squeeze. What is current hibernation mechanism?

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:23 AM, Wayne Topa <linuxtwo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/22/2010 04:00 PM, Mark Goldshtein wrote:
>>
>> Hello, list!
>>
>> If somebody please to explain current hibernation mechanism in
>> Squeeze? If there are links to web docs about all this stuff?
>>
>> 1. Do I need a separate unformatted partition, which size is swap + RAM
>> amount?
>> 2. Do I need to install an additional util and any way to configure it?
>> 3. Something else?
>>

> The answer to your question and more, if you are running Squeeze already, is
> already on you system.
>
> read /usr/share/doc/hibernate/README.gz

I have no package 'hibernate' installed into the system. Nevertheless,
a 'hibernate' funktion is active and working. Probably, it is an
inside util built-in into GNOME desktop environment?
So, should I install a 'hibernate' package or it is better do not mess
these things up?

--

Sincerely Yours'
Mark Goldshtein