Re: Debian not running in Windoof 7 Virtual PC (in VirtualBox)

On Tuesday 21 September 2010 15:34:41 Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 21/09/10 22:59, John Hasler wrote:
> > Scott Ferguson writes:
> >> 3. It would require reverse-engineering - which is bad
> >
> > No it isn't.  I noted that Microsoft claims that it is illegal, but that
> > is not the same thing at all.

"Bad" is not a synonimous for "illegal".

Reverse-ingeneering is bad in that, at least, it forces you to do a work you
could avoid by just having access to internal documentation and source
code... as it's the case when open source.

Cheers.