Debian not running in Windoof 7 Virtual PC (in VirtualBox)

Regarding post "ps - illegal instruction" by Jerry Stuckle

To satisfy my curiosity I have been trying (without success) to get
Debian installed and running in Windoof 7 Virtual PC.

What I have discovered is that:-
1. If you run Windoof 7 in VirtualBox (under Debian) it runs fine -
given an inordinate amount of RAM. However it immediately freezes when I
attempt to start the W7VPC. Hmmmm...
2. The xml configuration files for W7VPC are remarkably similar to the
VirtualBox ones....
3. Some of the W7VPC components are remarkably similar to VirtualBox
Guest Additions....

Someone with more knowledge of the history of Virtual PC may be able to
explain those similarities.
I suspect the similarities between VirtualBox and W7VPC are close enough
to allow "modification" of W7VPC to make it work the way it should. :-)
Clearly I will need to install Windoof7 on real hardware if I want to
continue meddling.

A number of points were raised when Jerry posted his requests for
assistance:-
1. Don't bother - Microsoft don't want it to work
2. Other emulator/virtualization solutions exist - use them
3. It would require reverse-engineering - which is bad
4. Why bother (with various reasoning's)

I like the idea of being able to run my favourite OS within Windoof
(which on occasion I've been required to use).
I'd like to be able to do it without needing Admin rights.
I'm not keen on Microsoft dictating what I can and can't do - either I
own it (and can smoke it if I like) or I'm renting/leasing it - and I
want my money back ;-p
If FOSS removed everything that came from reverse engineering we'd all
be computing with paper - SAMBA certainly wouldn't exist, ditto for a
lot of drivers (sigh).

I hope to return to this exercise (in futility?) when I have some more
free time - I'll post a summary of any progress.

Cheers all
--
*In case you never receive this mail, please notify me immediately*