Re: [Solved] My lenny picks the wrong resolution whereas squeeze is right

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 04:37:24 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:28:07 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
>
>> It is better because it is less hardware-specific.
>
> Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks Stephen.
>
> Being a programmer, I feel that not hard-coding anything, and making
> things as portable as possible and as simple as possible is vitally
> important.

Okay, just remember that both settings (static "modeline" and "virtual")
have their own disadvantages and may not work in all circunstances.

In fact, the only true portable and hardware independent solution would
be no manual configuration of "xorg.conf" at all :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón