Re: My lenny picks the wrong resolution whereas squeeze is right

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:55:38 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:

> if you'd
> like to avoid using a custom mode line, please post the entire
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log file, along with its corresponding
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, and I'll see if I can figure out what needs to
> be changed to get it to work with a standard mode.  If you could post
> your Squeeze output using the same hardware, that would also be good for
> comparison purposes.

By all means. Thank you for being such persistent (I knew it was you who
help solved the problem quoted in my OP). Here they are:

/etc/X11/xorg.conf
http://paste.debian.net/90057/

Worked xog log:
http://paste.debian.net/90058/

Not working one:
http://paste.debian.net/90059/

Squeeze output:
http://paste.debian.net/90060/

> By the way, what kind of monitor are you using?  Is it a CRT or a flat
> screen panel?  Are you using analog output (VGA) or digital (DVI)?

17" LCD, normal, not wide-screen, using analog output (VGA).

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/