Re: My lenny picks the wrong resolution whereas squeeze is right

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:15:22 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:

> Specifying "Modes" in the Display subsection of the Screen section, or
> specifying the virtual desktop size, has always been sufficient for me.

No, that don't work for me. Specifying a bigger mode than the display
driver can handle can only give me a "virtual" desktop size, i.e., I need
to *pan* to reach every corner, which I don't like. Moreover, the wrong
resolution is damaging my monitor -- 2 days later the pixels started to
be "blowing" rightward.

> But if you're happy with the results, that's the important thing.

Yes, I am. Note that what I added is the correct "Modeline", telling nv
driver how to handle such situation, which is used to be the common
practice when X can't do the automatic detection before (10 years ago?).

cheers

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/