Re: My lenny picks the wrong resolution whereas squeeze is right

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:11:16 -0400 (EDT), Tong wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:00:50 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> you can try with "cvt" tool to get the correct "Modeline" and then add
>> it to your "xorg.conf". Restart and check if it got the right
>> resolution.
>
> Yep, that works. Thanks

All's well that ends well, but (a) I am surprised that the nv
driver worked at all using an "unknown chipset", and (b) while I have
occasionally had to resort to creating a custom video mode, I have
never had to do so simply to obtain a particular resolution.
Specifying "Modes" in the Display subsection of the Screen section,
or specifying the virtual desktop size, has always been sufficient
for me.  But if you're happy with the results, that's the important thing.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :