Re: HP LaserJet 5L - cannot print postscript from cmd line

michael wrote:

lpr -P HP_LJ_5L -o InputSlot=Default -o Resolution=300x300dpi -o PageSize=A4

the only application I'm using lpr with is acroread. I don't remember when I
did configure it (it was years ago), so I don't remember why I choose those
options. most of them are self explanatory.

you need to have

grep Server /etc/cups/client.conf
# ServerName: the hostname of your server.  By default CUPS will use the
#ServerName myhost.domain.com
ServerName localhost

but obviously you have it, as you see the printer

I hope it helps

PS:

lpstat -a
HP_LJ_5L accepting requests since 16.09.2010 (чт) 17,56,41 CEST