Re: Can't locate ndiswrapper module!

 On 16/09/10 18:57, Bruce Ward wrote:
> I get this message:
> FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found.
>
> Further investigation leads me to the web page for the Debian package
> ndiswrapper-source (1.53-2). On that page is found:
>
> 'This package provides the source code for the ndiswrapper kernel
> module. If you use a standard distribution kernel, you mostly will not
> need this, but use the pre-compiled modules instead.'
>
> This looks good (Note this is a "toy" laptop - 48MB RAM - running
> Lenny with a PCMCIA wireless card with a Marvell chip) if I can avoid
> having to download source and compile.
>
> Problem: I cannot find "pre-compiled modules" anywhere on the Debian
> site. Do they exist, or are they just a myth?
>
> Bruce

I've looked (with bleary eyes) but can't see where you say "which"
Debian you're running :-)
I suspect you want a module suit your undescribed kernel and can't find
a ready built one in the Debian repositories for it - because there
isn't one.
http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&suite=all&section=all&keywords=ndiswrapper
(notice they're all source).
This explains why http://wiki.debian.org/NdisWrapper
Maybe you could try hunting for a .deb from a "non-pure" Debian - at
worst you'll get to keep the pieces ;-p

Cheers