new squeeze

I just downloaded debian-testing i386 Net Inst and burned the
.iso onto disk.  Before I do something silly, I want to make sure
that this is designed to live with other os's on the hd. (I remember
one older version of Ubuntu that took over the drive, and wiped everything else out.) If everything is copacetic, I'll put it
on my laptop along with Win XP and PcLinuxOs.  Please advise.
thanx--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M. Greeley