Re: xine/xfmedia unable to play dvds

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:47:05 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:

> Camaleón on 11/09/10 10:17, wrote:

>> Have you tested it with another DVD media and (just in case) using
>> another multimedia player?
>
> Yes. I have a DVD that is unprotected and that plays fine.

Well, I was thinking in another DVD media with protection, of course.
Plain DVD should play just fine :-)

> I got a ton of errors from mplayer but I'm not sure I ever got mplayer
> to play DVDs.

Yes, it can.

> I should think it's not actually xine itself causing the problem, but
> rather something deeper in the media set-up.

Try to play protected DVD with another player that has its own
implementation of libdvdcss2 (like VideoLan or SMPlayer) and see what
happens.

Also, you can try to load the offending DVD from console to get the error
output.

> In case it's relevant which it might not be, I am also seeing frequent
> problems playing video in flash on youtube etc in iceweasel. I have to
> restart the browser to fix it.

I see no connection with this :-?

Greetings,

--