Re: Calibrating cartridges in CUPS: how?

 On 11/09/10 19:21, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I remember that, many years ago, I had an HP utility under Windows which
> allowed me to do several maintenance tasks on the printer: calibration,,
> etc. Evidently, this utility is not available under Debian, and I was
> looking for a CUPS solution to achieve these recurrent tasks. Is there a
> solution?
>
> Thanks.

I have two HP programs that default install under KDE 3.x which I'd love
to remove as I don't use them...
"hpijs" and "hplip"
The former is the one I suspect you're looking for -
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html
The latter you may find useful -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Linux_Imaging_and_Printing

Let us know how it works out.