Re: xine/xfmedia unable to play dvds

Camaleón on 11/09/10 10:17, wrote:
On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 01:32:43 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:

I don't know when it happened but I have done something to my system
that stops it playing DVDs.

xine pops up a message saying that "source seems encrypted and can't be
read"

I haven't done anything to the PC config recently except install updates
for lenny.

I de-installed and purged the config for xine-ui and for libdvdcss2 and
re-installed them to no avail.

Has anybody got any advice?

Have you tested it with another DVD media and (just in case) using another multimedia player?

Yes. I have a DVD that is unprotected and that plays fine.

I got a ton of errors from mplayer but I'm not sure I ever got mplayer to play DVDs.

I should think it's not actually xine itself causing the problem, but rather something deeper in the media set-up.

In case it's relevant which it might not be, I am also seeing frequent problems playing video in flash on youtube etc in iceweasel. I have to restart the browser to fix it.

Adam