Re: How to setup X fonts on Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze?

http://pastebin.com/wH4Ezzqn

> Other than that it depends, on debian I have no problems with fonts at
> all, but on RH virtual machines at work, where I don't have root
> access, and want terminus for example, I have in my .xinitrc:
>
> fc-cache -fv
> xset fp+ "/h/vasqueja/share/fonts/terminus"
> xset fp+ "/h/vasqueja/share/fonts/artwiz"
> xset fp rehash
> fc-cache

When I try to run command
xset fp+ "/usr/share/fonts/opentype/freefont"

then I get:
xset:  bad font path element (#23), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax

so I must to run:
sudo mkfontdir /usr/share/fonts/opentype/freefont

first and then to run again
xset fp+ "/usr/share/fonts/opentype/freefont"

Why? Is the installation of this font not enough?

--
Regards, Paul Chany
http://www.debian.org