new squeeze-again

Trying to install.  I come to the partitioner.  It says there is 261 GB
available. (This is empty, unpartitioned and unformatted space, left over after cloning drive from a smaller one.) On-screen instructions say

[!!] Partition disks

The maximum size for this partition is 261.6 GB

Hint: "max" can be used as a shortcut to specify the maximum size, or
enter a percentage (e.g. "20%") to use that percentage of the
maximum size.

I try to enter 30 GB <Continue> and get "invalid size <go back>"
so I go back, then I try to enter 15% and get the same answer.

What now?  (Max is not an option.)

tia--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M. Greeley