Re: new squeeze

Tom H wrote:
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Doug<dmcgarrett@optonline.net>  wrote:
I just downloaded debian-testing i386 Net Inst and burned the
.iso onto disk.  Before I do something silly, I want to make sure
that this is designed to live with other os's on the hd. (I remember
one older version of Ubuntu that took over the drive, and wiped everything
else out.) If everything is copacetic, I'll put it
on my laptop along with Win XP and PcLinuxOs.  Please advise.
Only user error wipes out an already-installed install at
install-time, be it Debian, Ubuntu, or any other distribution...
That depends on your definition of user error.

It's quite easy to wipe out an existing installation, all it takes is giving the installer the default answers. I do it all the time on a sandbox machine that I use to evaluate different configurations.

Now if you consider it user error to give the default answers, when you actually want to save the current install, then your anwer is accurate.