Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?

On 9/7/10, Nuno Magalhães <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt> wrote:
> Running Sid on amd64.

Me too, on both amd64 and i686...

> 3. Midori - webkit-based, crashes more than Kazehakase.

I've been testing Midori for a while, and it doesn't crash on me.  It
has some limitations though:

1.-  Java doesn't work properly under firewall.  Though the browser
seems to work OK.  Java works well outside a firewall, and if the sun
version is used, then it gets nicely recognized by java.com test.
Under firewall that fails.

2.-  Under gmail the keyboard is not recognized by the TO, CC, and BCC
fields.  Rest of it works OK.

3.-  The bank I use has a java applet for something they call "virtual
keyboard", and the applet just doesn't work since the virtual keyboard
never shows up.

Other than these 3 issues, I really think Midori is in pretty good
shape for those not using bunch of addons and plugins.  Flash from
adobe works just fine as well...  It doesn't store cookies apparently,
which slow down some things, but is way lighter than
iceweasel/firefox...

--
Javier.