Re: starting SWAT after installation on Debian 5.0.6 Lenny

Camaleón wrote:
Is it still working?

Yes.

What would have been the steps to start SWAT without rebooting?  Where
is this documented?  Why doesn't the swat package do so when installed?
  Is this a feature or a bug?
Maybe beacuse inetd service was not running/configured the first time :-?

I dunno.

OTOH, I think SWAT is being unmaintained (or so it says Debian package description for squeeze) and you should avoid using it.

I'd rather use SWAT that edit /etc/samba/smb.conf by hand.

David