Re: aptitude called chromium-browser "obsolete"

On 09/08/2010 01:42 PM, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
Hi, this blog entry explains the problem Chromium is facing:

http://www.iuculano.it/en/linux/debian/chromium-browser-removed-from-testing/

It's still available in Sid in version 6.0.472.53~r57914-3

Cheers.

Yes, thanks for the link. I don't blame folks for being a little disappointed, but I was actually pretty amazed when I learned that it was available in Squeeze. I guess I should have paid closer attention to the lists.

It's nice that it will be available through backports for those who are sticking with Squeeze. I'm just going to continue rolling along with testing, so I guess I'll be seeing version 6 soon enough.

Regards,
Gilbert