Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?

On 09/07/2010 10:03 PM, Celejar wrote:
On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 21:29:43 -0500
Kent West<westk@acu.edu>  wrote:

I just aptitude install'd links, and had no graphics mode. I googled a
solution, and aptitude install'd links2 and ran "links2 -g", which
kicked it into graphics mode, but it was WAY slow, and Slashdot looked
nothing like the screenshots in the link above. What am I doing wrong?
It's pretty fast here, so I don't know about that.  As for looking like
the screenshot, I'd compare the same page opened in links and a GUI
browser.  The /. homepage doesn't actually look that much different to
me, at least in terms of images shown.  The links rendition is
certainly pretty ugly, but I suspect that this is due to the fact
that /. makes heavy use of CSS for styling, which links doesn't handle
very well (some of the CSS seems to actually be dumped to the page as
text). I also tried the Yahoo home page; the larger images seem to be
there, but the general page layout is once again different.  If you're
really getting strange results, try posting screenshots somewhere, and
we'll take a look.

Celejar

Here's the screenshot I saw at the http://links.twibright.com/features.php link:

http://links.twibright.com/shots/shot1.png