Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?

On Tuesday 07 September 2010 09:16:26 B. Alexander wrote:
> I'm just wondering, since firefox/iceweasel seems to be getting unusable. I
> have a 2.2GHz C2D box with an nvidia card at home, and a 3.0GHz C2D with a
> (lame) ATI card at work. I find that firefox (or xulrunner-stub) have
> memory leaks, and after a couple of days, it eats up a significant amount
> (10-30%) of memory. The work box has 3GB and the home box has 4GB. It also
> eats up a significant amount of CPU.

  Recently switched to Google Chrome on my netbook, and set up
the "Flashblock" add-on -- Flash seems to be getting more common,
and more of a CPU hog.

  The major downside is that the version I have seems unable to work
with the PDF plug-in from Adobe, so I have to open them in an external
app.  It's annoying, but not a deal-breaker.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net