Re: iomega 2TB external USB drive

With regards to the problem I am having getting this IOMEGA drive to be seen by my primary computer running Debian Lenny -- I deleted the partitions, recreated the partitions as ext3, then ext4 and finally ntsf . I then checked mstab after 'mount ./dev./sdb1 /mnt' after each change and it shows the drive is mounted. However it does not show up on the desktop. I have a test computer which had a debian 5,0 installed.so I unmounted the HDD from my main computer and plugged it in to my test computer. It showed as mounted but not on on the desktop. Since this is my test unit I installed Linux Mint 9. After the installation was complete I checked the drive. It was present. I can open it, transfer files, erase files and create and delete folders. I know it works on Mint -- for some reason debian refuses to show it on the desktop or in the computer folder. Thats how it stands -- very frustrating. I wanted to use it with either a USB hub or switch so I could use it as a storage drive for files etc. I'll continue to investigate it and see what happens.

John