Re: [debian-user] Evolution no longer providing calendar notification unless uder desktop environment (unstable)

OK,

I just didn't want to use any startup script such the same fluxbox
one, or ~/.xsession, or ~/.xinitrc.  The reason being is that I'd
prefer anything Evolution depends upon to be called when invoking
Evolution.  I don't call Evolution always that I start X, :-)

But it's good to know I can launch the alarm excutable even if
Evolution is not to be launched, so it can be put in the background
and the it's used when launching Evolution.  Bad thing is that we have
unneeded processes in the background.  Not sure if that's the way
things are moving for most applications now (that's one of the reasons
I don't like desktop managers)...

Any ways, pretty good suggestions (more are welcome as well).

--
Javier.