Re: unmount issue with multiple users

Dne, 31. 08. 2010 17:26:12 je Chris Davies napisal(a):
Patrik Wallander <patrik.wallander@home.se> wrote:
> When one user is logged in with a Gnome seesion and insert a removable
> media, the media is automaticly mounted.

> The removable should of course unmount if the user who mounted it not
> any longer is logged in.

For a single-user box this might be acceptable behaviour, but for a
multi-user system this would be (IMO) a really bad idea. At least unless
it was configurable.

Chris

In time, you learn some workarounds. For example: when burning a rewritable disc that already has some old files on it, I start the burning program first, and only insert the disc when requested to do so. If I insert the disc first, it will get mounted by another user-session, and I won't be able to erase it. Even logging out all other users won't help ...

Let's just hope squeeze does away with those funny lenny idiosyncrasies ...

--
;)

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801