Re: Stable, light-weighted, lighting-fast and actively-developed WM

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:26 PM, Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v@gmail.com> wrote:
On 8/30/10, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The reason being, on my laptop, the
>
> - Fn-F4 key suspend
> - lid close
>
> doesn't work under fluxbox but gnome, and I don't have the time and
> energy to tweak udev to enable them for fluxbox ...

In reality those "features" you mentioned are not responsability of
any window manager.  If you have acpi, and acpi-support you would get
that funcitonality in (not always works for all hardware though).  But
perhaps as you said you don't have time to explore, then a desktop
manager (not a window manager) suits you better...  Desktop managers
incorporate much more than a window manager does, :-)

I use 2 laptops, for one I just created the event detecting and the
action script, and for the other I didn't even need a package,
hardware handles it for me.  For suspend to disk and suspend to ram, I
use acpitool and I just created the menu entries in the fluxbox menu,
so at the end I just even got rid of acpi-support...

--
Javier.