Stable, light-weighted, lighting-fast and actively-developed WM

Hi,

IMHO, for a stable, light-weighted, lighting-fast WM, fluxbox is the
best. However when it comes to actively-developed to incorporate modern
features, maybe it is time for me to look else where.

The reason being, on my laptop, the

- Fn-F4 key suspend
- lid close

doesn't work under fluxbox but gnome, and I don't have the time and
energy to tweak udev to enable them for fluxbox . I'm looking for another
stable, light-weighted, lighting-fast WM that can do that for me out of
the box.

In case no WM can suit that, and you recommend Xfce desktop. I know it is
good but looks quite a big beast to me -- please tell me how much space I
can save over gnome. Currently I only have gnome-core installed, so it is
pretty slim. Just that comparing to fluxbox, gnome is both slow and not
stable enough.

Thanks for your comments.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)