Re: Using an advanced video editor under Debian Lenny

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 21:02:53 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

(...)

* LiveS: Looks really nice. Tried to
> install from source (with `jack*' stuff), but gives

(...)

> main.c:1103: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘}’ token make[1]:
> *** [main.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/merciadriluca/Desktop/lives/lives-1.0.9/src' make: ***
> [all-recursive] Error 1
> ==
> at compilation;

Just one side note. LiveS (and Cinelerra as Alexander J. already pointed
out) is available from debian-multimedia repo for your Lenny.

(...)

> Many years ago, under Windows, I was using Sony Vegas, and it looks like
> Cinelerra is the one which looks the most like Vegas. Any suggestions?

Wikipedia features a good comparion table about each non-linear video
editor and their functionalities:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_editing_software

Greetings,

--