Re: Using an advanced video editor under Debian Lenny

On Sun August 29 2010, Rob Owens wrote:
> > Did you encounter any compatibility or dependencies issues?
>
> I don't recall any.
>
> I think it's also fairly straightforward to install ffmpeg from testing.
> Kdenlive uses ffmpeg for encoding/decoding, if I remember correctly, so
> having a recent version of ffmpeg can sometimes make a difference in the
> performance of Kdenlive.

I just installed it on my lenny system by aptitude install kdenlive. I got
this:
  dvgrab{a} kdenlive libmlt++1{a} libmlt-data{a} libmlt1{a} mlt{a}
  swh-plugins{a}
0 packages upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 28 not upgraded.
Need to get 6413kB of archives. After unpacking 19.4MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800