Re: newbie intro

On Saturday 14 August 2010 17:16:23 Tom Poe wrote:
> OK.  So, for starters, I'd like to know which version to use.  Looks
> like I can contribute to debian if I purchase CD/DVD, right?  I'm on
> fixed income, so would have to send money order.  Any suggestions?

I apologise for replying a bit late (I have been away and am slowly catching
up with what I missed), and you have probably a) had loads of similar advice
and/or b) already got your Debian installation.

But if you are on a fixed income, DON'T SPEND ANY MONEY!!  Download Debian for
free.  You can contribute in other ways, or just have an initial free ride
while you get your bearing, and then contribute in other ways.

My 2c.
Lisi