Debian Live Rocks!

Comes up automatically with a gorgeous (but empty) kde4 desktop using the nouveau driver for my nvidia and this rocks!

I said to a friend of mine: Who needs disks? Use this and each user can plug in a USB disk on key and go to town :-)

Knoppix (until version 5, at least), however is more accessable. Gives a more populate desktop and its own menu on how to do stuff like create a persistent nest. Until I solve my bootup problems, I would like to do the same thing with Debian Live. How might I do this (then I can populate the desktop and panel and keep the stuff for the next session)? Who knows, it I cannot solve my bootup problem, I might just follow my own suggestion!