Re: howto automatically install documentation

Jordan Metzmeier wrote at 2010-08-25 08:19 -0500:
> For the majority of packages, this is already the case. There are
> exceptions, when packages have large amounts of documentation they can
> be split into a separate -doc package (eg. aptitude-doc-en). AFAIK,
> there is no easy to way to handle automatic installation of the -doc
> packages.

Some of the -doc packages are recommended by their parent packages, so
installing recommends works for those.  But there are some -doc packages that
are not recommended.  Should this go in policy somewhere?  Or already is?

And what about some of these new depends types I see like "Enhances"?
Including a "Documented-by" depends type would be interesting...