Re: howto automatically install documentation

Le 25/08/2010 à 21:42, green a écrit :
> Some of the -doc packages are recommended by their parent packages, so
> installing recommends works for those.  But there are some -doc packages that
> are not recommended.

yes, but names of doc packages are mostly "pkgname-doc", except several where
it is like aptitude-doc-en

> Should this go in policy somewhere?  Or already is?
>
> And what about some of these new depends types I see like "Enhances"?
> Including a "Documented-by" depends type would be interesting...

Yes. I had a quick look at all packages:
* there are more or less 1500 packageXYZ-doc
* on my laptop 1200 installed packages
	** 25 *-doc installed
	** 250 pkg-doc corresponding to my installed base (quick dirty script to evaluate this)

so i miss more than 200 documentation packages !

Alain