Re: Whats up with Squeeze??

On 2010-08-25 18:30 +0200, John W Foster wrote:

> My last update, yesterday removed synaptic & aptitude from my systems as
> part of the process.

This should teach you not to blindly run dist-upgrades, especially since
you seem to be using sid rather than squeeze.

> I tried again this morning & it also had removed
> dselect. I reinstalled dselect but aptitude & synaptic neither one will
> install due to unmet dependencies. This is a first for me after many
> years of using Debian.

Really?  It happens on every apt transition in sid, and the solution is
to wait with the upgrade until apt's reverse dependencies are rebuilt.

> Has anyone else reported or seen this issue.

Surely, check the "Broken deps?" thread just opened here.  Downgrade apt
to 0.7.25.3 or wait a few days for synaptic and aptitude to become
available.

Sven