Whats up with Squeeze??

My last update, yesterday removed synaptic & aptitude from my systems as
part of the process. I tried again this morning & it also had removed
dselect. I reinstalled dselect but aptitude & synaptic neither one will
install due to unmet dependencies. This is a first for me after many
years of using Debian. Has anyone else reported or seen this issue.

Pasted from dselect:

-** Imp libs     libept1      High-level library for managing Debian
package in
  ** Std python   python-apt   Python interface to libapt-pkg
  ** Opt admin    debtags      Enables support for package tags
 -** Opt admin    synaptic     Graphical package manager

Hit enter key & I get this:

Merging available information
Replacing available packages info, using /var/cache/apt/available.
warning, in file '/var/cache/apt/available' near line 597521 package
'scribble':
 `Replaces' field, reference to `scrabble':
 `<' is obsolete, use `<=' or `<<' instead
warning, in file '/var/cache/apt/available' near line 597522 package
'scribble':
 `Conflicts' field, reference to `scrabble':
 `<' is obsolete, use `<=' or `<<' instead
Information about 29246 package(s) was updated.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done