Re: How to Retain an Existing Ext4 Partition with a Debian 5.0.5 DVD Installation?

Tom Browder:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 08:22, Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
>>
>> In order to be able to at least mount existing ext4 filesystems during
>> installation, you canalso try Kenshi Muto's d-i:
>> http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/
>>
>> These are regular images, just with a more recent kernel. And Kenshi is
>> a DD, in case you care.
>
> Hm, thanks, but using those sounds like an installation using advanced
> procedures I'm not experienced with.

No, as I said: it is the regular Debian installer which comes with a
more recent kernel.

> Are we talking about a place in the installation where it might ask if
> you have other images or such on another medium (such as another CD or
> DVD)?

No, these are separate images. You download, burn and boot from them
just like with any other d-i image.

J.
--
If nightclub doormen recognised me I would be more fulfilled.
[Agree]   [Disagree]